We are recruiting!
Would you like to become part of the Y Club team? We are a friendly and hardworking bunch and we’re looking for a new fitness instructor to join our sports team.
To assist in the induction of members in the use of the gym facilities and exercise programmes, prepare sports facilities for the use of designated individuals and groups, to clean and carry out general equipment maintenance of all facilities along with reception duties as required and in accordance with the customer care procedures of the Y Club.
- To assist Duty Managers and Club Manager in all operational aspects of the day to day running of the club.
- Carry out inductions and programmes within the gym as and when required.
- To carry out hourly cleaning checks in the gym, pool/plant and changing areas and ensure they are regularly serviced.
- Assist with reporting and where possible, deal with basic equipment maintenance throughout the club.
- To ensure a high level of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the club at all times.
- To take exercise classes and cover any class when required by the Duty Manager.
- Maintain a level of professionalism at all times.
- To administer First Aid or to seek professional assistance in this area as appropriate
- To ensure that the highest standard of safety and security for all users and their property is maintained at all times.
- To ensure the safe use of all machinery relevant to one’s duties
- To set up, dismantle and maintain sports equipment as required.
- To comply with all aspects of Health and Safety as laid down in the Manchester YMCA Health and Safety policy.
- Achieve all standards set at appraisal.
- Assist in marketing of the club in terms of sales and promotion drives.
- To carry out all aspects of reception duties including the handling of fees, taking booking and dealing with general enquiries.
- To carry out all other duties as and when requested by the Club Manager and Duty Manager.
- Qualified to Level Fitness Instructor or above
- Qualifications in circuits and spin
- Good listening skills
- The ability to carry out member gym inductions
- Knowledge and experience of use of an electric cash register
- The ability to deal with members and customers in a polite and efficient manner
- The ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- The ability to co-operate with colleagues to work as an effective team
- A flexible approach to working practices, including shifts
- To be able to work on a rotating shift pattern weekend/bank holidays included
- Qualifications in Kettle Bells, Bodypump, MetaFit or any other fitness classes
- A current First Aid & Life Guard Certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in a leisure or sport based environment
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Access) or any other electronic hotel/leisure booking system
- Full clean driving licence
To implement the YMCA Manchester safeguarding policy.
To report any safeguarding concerns to your line manager, to follow reporting procedures as outlined in the YMCA Manchester safeguarding policy.
Job Type: Part-time (30 hours)
To apply please email Reece with your most up to date CV – email@example.com